Activity days are held every second Sunday starting at 9 am. Rain and wind doesn’t stop us – only thunder and lightning.
Click here for additional Information for parents
I would recommend the following procedure (Step 2 is only if you want to use a $100 Kids Voucher from Service NSW):
- Visit the Austinmer Surf Club website (https://www.austinmersurfclub.com.au/join/) and identify the membership cost involved for you and your child / children – e.g. 1 adult (compulsory) $70 + 1 child $60 = $130.
- Then go to the Service NSW site (https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/):
- Create the Active Kids Voucher/s for your child / children.
- At that site, you can then allocate $100 to the Austinmer Surf Club as part of your payment. NB: You can only make such payments from here to the value of $100. So if, for example, your registration fee was $220, you could use 2 vouchers for that. There are no refunds from this site for whole or part payments.
- For payment of your remaining $30, go the NSW Surf Lifesaving site and pay there.
- Go to the NSW Surf Lifesaving site (https://members.sls.com.au/SLSA_Online/modules/login/):
- Create an account.
- Enter your personal Family information there i.e. about yourself and your child / children.
- Make your membership payment here (e.g. $130 or $30 if you have used an Active Kids Voucher).
- Finally, go back to the Austinmer Surf Club enrolment site and click on Registration (http://www.austinmersurfclub.com.au/RegoChecklist/RegoChecklist.php).
- Fill in the information there, including reference to the Active Kids Vouchers and the NSW Surf Life Saving site payment.
- NB: During this process you will receive a number of email responses, verifications and receipts that can be helpful.
If there are any problems, please let me know.
Michael Organ Nippers Registrar E: email@example.com
From Under 8 upwards children are required to do a swimming proficiency test and a survival float. This will be held during the first few Nippers sessions. The results of this test indicate the level of supervision that your child requires. To obtain a SLSA certificate at the end of the season, 4 of the first 5 sessions must be attended.
All nippers MUST be wearing an official club cap and high vis singlet to be able to participate. This is a safety rule set out by Surf Lifesaving Australia and must be complied with. NO CAP/HIGH VIS VEST = NO NIPPERS.
To purchase all official Austinmer Surf Club Nipper’s Uniform please follow this form: AUSTI NIPPERS UNIFORMS
Uniform pick-up will be at the clubhouse betwwen 3:30 -5pm on Monday the 29th Nov and Wednesday 1st Dec.
Nippers Parents —- WE NEED YOU!
What makes Nippers such a learning and fun environment for the kids is our brilliant Age Managers, and Assistant Age Managers. We would love for YOU to be an Age or Assistant Age Manager for one of the Nippers Groups. For more info on being an Age Manager see: https://www.surflifesaving.com.au/resources/junior-activities-nippers
If you are interested please contact Murray, our president, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL parents are required to help out. The Age Managers need assistance especially with the younger age groups and we need lots of parents to help run the activities. The more parents we have on the beach and in the water the more activities we can organise for the kids.
Some parents and helpers might need the NSW Working With Children Check. The information provided on the links below will indicate if you need one of these or not.
The BBQ is our only form of fundraising and this is how we raise much needed funds to purchase new equipment and to run activities such as the Christmas Party. The parents of one age group each week will be rostered to help out. Enough parents are needed to provide two shifts.
ALL under 6 parents are required to stay with their children every activity day for the whole session.
We are always short of water safety officers. If you have your bronze medallion you can help out with water safety. If we don’t have enough water safety people on the day your children may not be able to do surf activities. We offer courses to train parents to achieve their bronze medallion.
ALL children must be signed off by the age manager before leaving the beach. You must tell your age manager if you take your child off the beach if you need to leave early, to go to the toilet etc.
Age cutoffs is the 30 September of all age groups.
For information about the type of activities each nippers age group will be doing through the season please click on the links below:
Nippers who complete their surf rescue certificates and bronze medallion training (U14 & U 15’s) are required to participate on beach patrols the following season. They will be included on the patrol roster and are expected to attend. It is a great way for young adults to learn some responsibility and contribute to the community. If your child doesn’t want to patrol and give back to the club they won’t be allowed to complete the training programme.
Uniform items can be purchased throughout the season in the clubhouse.
At Christmas time Santa always pays a visit and usually has a big sack full of lolly bags.
There will be a trophy and medal presentation on the last activity day. All nippers receive a medal.
Feel free to approach any of the committee members if you have questions or issues to discuss.
Dear parents of Austi nippers please join our Facebook Community at: Austi Nippers Facebook Community
Nippers is a fun way to develop surf awareness, boost confidence and meet new friends. We hope that the children will continue on to become active surf lifesavers.
We look forward to seeing you on the beach.