Sunday, 21st August 2022
We will be conducting a working bee prior to the new season. A comprehensive list of jobs will be provided later.
Save the date 5th December 5pm to 8 pm
Southern Club Hall
Details to follow
What makes Nippers such a learning and fun environment for the kids is our brilliant Age Managers, and Assistant Age Managers. We would love for YOU to be an Age or Assistant Age Manager for one of the Nippers Groups. For more info on being an Age Manager see: https://www.surflifesaving.com.au/resources/junior-activities-nippers
If you are interested please contact Murray, our president, at: email@example.com
I would recommend the following procedure (Step 2 is only if you want to use a $100 Kids Voucher from Service NSW):
- Visit the Austinmer Surf Club website (https://www.austinmersurfclub.com.au/join/) and identify the membership cost involved for you and your child / children – e.g. 1 adult (compulsory) $70 + 1 child $60 = $130.
- Then go to the Service NSW site (https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/):
- Create the Active Kids Voucher/s for your child / children.
- At that site, you can then allocate $100 to the Austinmer Surf Club as part of your payment. NB: You can only make such payments from here to the value of $100. So if, for example, your registration fee was $220, you could use 2 vouchers for that. There are no refunds from this site for whole or part payments.
- For payment of your remaining $30, go the NSW Surf Lifesaving site and pay there.
- Go to the NSW Surf Lifesaving site (https://members.sls.com.au/SLSA_Online/modules/login/):
- Create an account.
- Enter your personal Family information there i.e. about yourself and your child / children.
- Make your membership payment here (e.g. $130 or $30 if you have used an Active Kids Voucher).
- Finally, go back to the Austinmer Surf Club enrolment site and click on Registration (http://www.austinmersurfclub.com.au/RegoChecklist/RegoChecklist.php).
- Fill in the information there, including reference to the Active Kids Vouchers and the NSW Surf Life Saving site payment.
- NB: During this process you will receive a number of email responses, verifications and receipts that can be helpful.
If there are any problems, please let me know.
18 October 2021
Click here to view the draft report
Follow the link to read the full story..
Vale – William Dennis Patison (Patto)
It is with deep regret that we record the loss of one of our life members Dennis Patison who passed away on the 14 November 2020.
Dennis originally joined the club during the 1959/60 season and was awarded Life Membership of the club on 29th July 1984. Dennis held numerous positions during his long tenure with the club among them being President, Vice President, Club Captain, Boat Captain and Branch Delegate. Dennis was also a member of the club’s building committee for the construction of the new clubhouse at the southern end of the beach and was a joint recipient for the award of Best Senior Member for the 1991/92 season as a result of the building works.
Dennis will be best remembered for his tireless activities as the club’s boat sweep. There are literally hundreds of archived members of Austinmer SLSC who were recruited and taught the skills of surfboat competition by Dennis. Dennis was well-known Australia wide and highly regarded within the surfboat rowing community for his success in SLSA Surf Boat Racing competition. Dennis first commenced rowing during the mid-1960’s under the legendary sweep – Keith (Spas) Hurst. When Keith left Austinmer in 1966 and transferred to Bilgoa SLSC Dennis took over as sweep of the Austinmer SLSC boat crews. During Dennis’s competition career he has gained 35 Illawarra Branch medals, 4 medals at NSW State Championship level and 6 medals at Australian Championship level. Dennis also gained numerous medals at both NSW Stillwater Championship and marathon boat race events.
In recognition of Dennis’s achievements in Australian Surfboat Rowing he was inducted into the NSW Australian Surf Rowers League Hall of Fame on 17 June 2006 and this was followed up with his induction into the Australian Surf Rowers League Hall of Fame on 26 March 2007.
Our sincere condolences to Dennis’s family and friends.
Registrar – Austinmer SLSC